Come as a guest...leave as a friend
Located only 7km from the Aegean coast and just 3km from the historic ruins of Ephesus, Selçuk is a highlight of any trip to Turkey. And the ANZ Guesthouse is the best place to stay while you're in Selçuk!
We are recommended by Lonely Planet, Let's Go, The Rough Guide, Guide du Routard, and Footprint travel guides . Read some comments from our guests to find out why they keep coming back, or take a virtual tour of the guesthouse.
Translate this page!
How to find us
Be careful, Google gets confused by Turkish addresses! Our street address is on a quiet side street that isn't known to the search engines. Just click here to view and print a map. We are easy to find, just a short walk from the bus station.
- Cross the highway in front of the bus station, by the traffic circle and in the direction of Ephesus (Efes).
- Walk about 100 meters along the smaller highway, the D515.
- Turn right on Tanton Kallinger Caddesi.
- Right onto 1045, then immediately left and up the small hill on 1064.
- We're the big yellow house one block ahead on the right!
Atatürk Mahallesi 1064 Sokak #12
35900 Selçuk — Turkey
What makes us the best hostel / guesthouse?
We offer spacious, spotless rooms with private hot-water bathrooms and air conditioning (heat in the winter season). Accommodations include doubles, twins, triples, a quad with and without bath, and hostel style multi-bed rooms.
Plus our special rooms — rooms for families, Ottoman-style rooms, and a "honeymoon room" with Jacuzzi. Our room rates offer some of the best value around, and include showers with plenty of hot water.
Find out more about our rooms.
A wide array of breakfast choices every morning, and a great dinner every night!
See the meals and the great setting in the guesthouse tour.
In addition to arranging bus tickets around Turkey and ferry tickets to Samos, travel information, Internet access, and free movies, we offer many more helpful services to make your stay with us more enjoyable.
Find out more about our services.
Here are just a few nearby sights to tour, see our suggestions for many more
- Ephesus — the best-preserved classical Greek city, and one of the main cities of the Roman Empire. Now it's one of the world's greatest archaeological sites, combining art, ancient history, and religion. It's just a short walk away!
- Temple of Artemis — one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and our rooftop bar overlooks it!
- Basilica of St John — just a few blocks away.
- Byzantine-era monuments — the fortress overlooking Selçuk, and the aquaduct running through the center of town.
- Meryemana — home of the Virgin Mary, in a forested national park on the mountaintop overlooking Ephesus.
- Plus the Cave of the Seven Sleepers, a hamam (Turkish bath), the Ephesus Museum, the Seljuk-era Isa Bey Mosque, shopping at the Saturday market, and much more! And, we can arrange day or overnight trips to Sirence, Pamukkale, Aphrodisias, Didyma, Priene, Miletos, and other nearby sights. Just let us know if you want to explore on your own, with a group of other travelers, or even if you would like a tour guide.
Make a reservation » See the rooms and rates » Contact us »
Are we a hostel, a guesthouse, or a hotel?
The ANZ Guesthouse provides all of those experiences — whatever you, our guest, would like!
The backpacker looking for budget accommodations and the fun hostel culture where you meet lots of other travelers can opt for our multi-bed dorm.
Couples, small groups of travelers, and families can select a double, or a room with two, three, or four single beds, or our family-style rooms. We even host tour groups from time to time.
Call us a guesthouse, a hostel, a pension, even pick up some Turkish and call us a pansiyon — just call us your home in Selcuk!
Rain or shine, sand or snow, we are open all year.
Special rates —
Group booking prices are available.
Do you have a group of 15 or more people?